NFC encoding

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Luigi Pignalosa
Newcomer

NFC encoding

Post by Luigi Pignalosa » Mon May 03, 2021 11:34 am

NFC encoding
Hi I have some technical questions. We are evaluating the transformation of our production process and we are evaluating Nicelabel as software but before proceeding we would need to understand some important things.

The working scenario is this: we will use a SATO printer and NiceLabel Pro software to manage the printer. At the moment our proprietary software (a web app) produces our labels in PDF format by putting a number of individual labels, sometimes even 50 labels, into a single PDF file, one on each page of the PDF file.

With the transformation we intend to operate we will have to send the labels to the Sato printer via NiceLabel.

If I understand what the salesperson who is organizing this new system told me, we can import the PDF file already produced and send it to the printer via NiceLabel. The point is that we don't have to design, the software has to take the PDF as it is generated by our software and print.

But we want to introduce NFC chips on the labels so the printer will have to both print and program the chips. I wanted to know if (a) we can integrate the tags for the chip encoding directly into the PDF produced by our software so that all the data is sent to the printer and that we do not have to do manual interventions on the NiceLabel software or if (b) instead we must necessarily set it for programming on NiceLabel.

The second question, in case (b) it is necessary to set the programming of the tags for encoding directly on NiceLabel, is to know if the software has import procedures for which we, every time we have to print a PDF with 50 pages each relating to a single label, we can send NiceLabel a file (excel, xml or other format) in order to import all the information at once and upload to NiceLabel 1 PDF file with 50 labels and an excel file (or similar) with the information for program the 50 chips of those labels. Thanks for your help.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: NFC encoding

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue May 04, 2021 2:49 pm

Luigi

Using a PDF would not be possible with NFC encoding as the label needs to be designed in the software as there are specific functions that you have to create for NFC encoding.