Edit and Print using LabView

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Edit and Print using LabView

Postby Ronini » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:23 am

Hi, I am trying to edit and print a label using a LabView program. I tried using .Net controls but I can't find the right library and the right method (Open the application, Open a label,...). Does someone has an idea or a sample?
Thank you
Ronini
Newcomer

Re: Edit and Print using LabView

Postby Kyleodonnell » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Ronini,

Please send an email to our support staff at support.americas@nicelabel.com, I would also take a look at the .NET api guide that we have here https://www.nicelabel.com/resources/files/doc/user-guides/ug-NiceLabel_.NET_API_User_Guide-en.pdf
Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Postby Ronini » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 am

Thank you for your answer, I will try to contacte them.
I did not mentionned thtat I was trying to use the API with the Express version of NiceLabel, maybe it has something to do with my problem.

edit: I already took a look at the API guide, I was able to access the librairies but LabView could not find alol functions like PrintEngineFactory.(open,print, etc..)
Ronini
Newcomer

Postby Ronini » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:12 am

Hi, I'm back from long hours of try and retry AND I actually find something.
Unlike example of .NET interface that NI gives us, you don't need a constructor node to use object functions. (At least it's the case for the PrintEngineFactory) After this, it's pretty straight forward. I was able to open a Label, fill variables and print.(Joined screenshot)

Although, I'm requestiing more help about getting a preview of the label: I was able to create a picture file using PrintToFile but I can't open it with LabView like other randoms pictures, but it can be open in Windows.
I saw that PrintToFile at false, i get a Byte array, but i am not able to exploit it. Can someone explain me more about LabelPreviewSettings and what type of array is resulting and what does it store?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
LabView example
Capture.JPG (132.19 KiB) Viewed 49 times
Ronini
Newcomer

Return to Label Printing Integration & Programming