Need to tell nice label which label to print

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

dgulliver
Newcomer

Need to tell nice label which label to print

Post by dgulliver » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:43 pm

Currently I have 2 products randomly going to 1 printer I have an Allen Bradley Guard logix that knows what product It is sending how can I set it up so that it tells nice label which data file to print?

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Need to tell nice label which label to print

Post by Kyleodonnell » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Dgulliver,

I am not quite sure what you are asking, can you give a bit more detail on the workflow you have an how you are printing?

dgulliver
Newcomer

Post by dgulliver » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:57 pm

we have 2 product lines going to one palletizer which has a pallet tag printer to print and attach labels it used to only be one product line so the labels would just sit in queue until a label was needed. now I need to have 2 label formats and a way to tell nice label which one to print.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Dgulliver,

For that you would need to have powerforms, as you can create a form and have different print buttons to print to a different printer. You can find more information about powerforms here https://www.nicelabel.com/design-and-controlled-print

pacevedo
Newcomer

Post by pacevedo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Dgulliver,

Are you saying that you want the printer to automatically print the appropriate label depending on which product arrives at the palletizer?

dgulliver
Newcomer

Post by dgulliver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 pm

yes that is exactly what I am saying I need to communicate to automation from rslogix 5000 to tell printer what format to print.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Dgulliver,

I would take a look at the samples that come installed with automation . You can find them installed on your computer here C:\Users\Public\Documents\NiceLabel 2017\Automation\Samples . You would be doing something of a variable trigger . I would take a look at the CSV medium sample as it shows how to map labels to variables.