File trigger executing repeatedly

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

javamania
Newcomer

File trigger executing repeatedly

Post by javamania » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:19 pm

I'm just trying NiceLabel and like it but am struggling with a label automation. I have set up a label template and file trigger, works great. Except that every time it triggers, it executes multiple times. I've attached a screen shot of the set up and the log. Can anyone provide some advice? I'm beating my head against a wall.ImageImage

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: File trigger executing repeatedly

Post by Mytch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:52 pm

javamania,

I can see a ticket was submitted to the Americas Support inbox today. Please know that your issue is currently in-progress with a Support technician. I recommend that you attach your relevant files to that support ticket and to this Forums post. We will need your Automation Configuration (.MISX), label file (.NLBL), and payload (received .CSV).

If your File Trigger is configured for Automation Detection in Settings > General and Check file size is enabled in Settings > Execution, then maybe you can change to manual polling (1 second) or disable Check file size. This is because Automation is now detecting the same file constantly, and perhaps the program that is writing the file does so in "chunks". If we have detected the same file multiple times, then maybe there is a difference in file size between checks. You can perhaps resolve this by checking at a manual slower rate, or by disabling the Check file size option (all payloads of the same name are seen as the same regardless of size difference).

If the issue still persists, kindly provide the requested information on this topic and/or the current ticket.

Thanks,
Mytch

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: File trigger executing repeatedly

Post by Mytch » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi,

So issue according to the Support Ticket was caused by "cloud storage service provider" (Dropbox) copying files from cloud storage to local machine. During copying of files, information was written to files in chunks, which Automation was detecting each time. This was because detection interval was set to Automatic Detection and also Check File Size was enabled. This way, Automation is capable of detecting changes to the same file between writes.

Resolution could be set manual interval of 1-2 seconds and disable Check File Size (if unique payloads are dropped). In this case, it was decided to switch to a new provider (Google).