Sending data over TCPIP to printer in RAW form?

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

fuho
Newcomer

Sending data over TCPIP to printer in RAW form?

Post by fuho » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,
I am trying to send EasyPlug printer commands to printer over TCP/IP. Command I want to send is a request for status information, does anyone have any idea how to do this? I managed to send this command to the printer using COM port, but the return was larger that 4096B so NiceForm poped out error message.
I tried to request less info from the printer and print out the variable so Ican see what data i got back, but i got only default variable value erased and no data showed on screen.

Does anyone have any idea how to request data from TCPIP with initialisation string sent to the same port?

*EDIT 1*
Ok, so I figured out why I didn't get any data back after I requested less data, it was because in "Read Data From Serial Port" action properties I left the dafult value for "Wait before starting to read data" to be 1000 milliseconds, so the printer sent all the data but NiceForm didn't receive it because it was waiting for one second as i instructed it to and when it started reading there was nothing to read anymore :lol:
Anyways the TCPIP problem stands as it is :(

jurk
Addict
Addict

Re: Sending data over TCPIP to printer in RAW form?

Post by jurk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:24 am

Did you try to use vbScript to do this?
NiceLabel Development