NiceLabel Automation - UNC File Path not valid

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

bepohl
Newcomer

NiceLabel Automation - UNC File Path not valid

Post by bepohl » Wed May 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi Everyone :)

I just built an automation configuration that distributes labels from a .csv-File to different printers based on some logic. It all works when I let it watch a local folder and when I run previews where I manually select a file from a domain share.

Unfortunately when I set the file trigger path to watch the domain share folder it "Cannot start trigger XY - "\\UNC-PATH\folder" is not a valid File Path."

I checked if my NiceLabel services run on my user, they do (Taskmanager "NicelabelProxyService2017.exe/NiceLabelAutomationService). When I installed NiceLabel on the server I'm using I gave it credentials to my domain account. Also when I tell it to watch the the whole parent-folder, it can't access it, which is alright for me since I just want to watch the contents of it. The folder is named "etikettendruck_dropin", so no special characters are being used (to my knowledge).

Then there's another strange behaviour. It always throws three errors. The first one is "Monitoring of the folder "bla" cannot be started. The Folder does not exist." and afterwards (10ms later) it throws the error I described above two times.

Does anyone have an idea that I could try? I would be very thankful for that!

Greetings,
Ben

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: NiceLabel Automation - UNC File Path not valid

Post by Mytch » Fri May 22, 2020 5:08 pm

bepohl,

Automation is able to monitor a shared folder via UNC path as long as your Automation Service owner has the required permissions. First thing to check is does this account really have required access in Properties > Security? Another possibility is some anti-virus or other security software preventing this.

You should also be sure that the latest version of NiceLabel 2017 is installed (17.3.1):
http://ftp.nicelabel.com/software/demo/ ... el2017.exe

If you have any more issues, you can also contact Support directly:
https://www.nicelabel.com/support

Thanks,
Mytch

bepohl
Newcomer

Post by bepohl » Wed May 27, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi Mytch

Well, the User is not directly in the Security List, but the corresponding domain group is. Also I can add folders or delete files in Explorer whith said user.

Do you think I'd need to add the user itself to the folder (something like "user (domain\username)") and it will then work?
Thanks for your response!

Greetings
Ben

bepohl
Newcomer

Post by bepohl » Wed May 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi again

I was able (with help from IT with the right administration rights) to add just the user to the folder and it works now \:D/

Thanks for the hint, I'd have never thought that the user group is not sufficient.

Greetings and thanks again,
Ben