Read and Store RFID Tag Data

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

fuzulihameed
Newcomer

Read and Store RFID Tag Data

Post by fuzulihameed » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:26 am

Hi!

I'm a newbie when it comes Nice Label, this is not necessarily to mean that computer programming and very well verse with Microsoft VS, SQL etc.

I'm into some R & D related work in printing/encoding RFID wrist bands using Zebra RZ 400 printers and Nice Label.
Basically the requirement at hand to prompt a Nice Form to the end user enabling them to enter some initial Patient details (name, dob etc) and print the wrist band. While the label is printing, the Patient Details and the RFID tag info have to saved in the database.

I had been searching the Nice Label knowledge base, white paper as well this forum but have not come across any resources which directed me in the right direction. Went through the video tutorials as well, but didn't find any reading and saving RFID. I'm using Nice Label Pro 6 (and this looks to drastically changed from Nice Label 5, which having full featured NiceForm). I went through the below knowledge base article on Nice Label

1. Read and Store RFID Tag Data - Mar 29, 2011 - [http://www.nicelabel.com/index.php?t=faq&id=225].
2. Whitepaper - [http://www.nicelabel.com/index.php?t=faq&id=225]

I would appreciate if any of you could direct me in correct direction which would enable me to achieve the objective of mine.

Thank you.

fuzulihameed
Newcomer

Re: Read and Store RFID Tag Data

Post by fuzulihameed » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:24 am

fuzulihameed wrote:Hi!

I'm a newbie when it comes Nice Label, this is not necessarily to mean that computer programming and very well verse with Microsoft VS, SQL etc.

I'm into some R & D related work in printing/encoding RFID wrist bands using Zebra RZ 400 printers and Nice Label.
Basically the requirement at hand to prompt a Nice Form to the end user enabling them to enter some initial Patient details (name, dob etc) and print the wrist band. While the label is printing, the Patient Details and the RFID tag info have to saved in the database.

I had been searching the Nice Label knowledge base, white paper as well this forum but have not come across any resources which directed me in the right direction. Went through the video tutorials as well, but didn't find any reading and saving RFID. I'm using Nice Label Pro 6 (and this looks to drastically changed from Nice Label 5, which having full featured NiceForm). I went through the below knowledge base article on Nice Label

1. Read and Store RFID Tag Data - Mar 29, 2011 - [http://www.nicelabel.com/index.php?t=faq&id=225].
2. Whitepaper - [http://www.nicelabel.com/index.php?t=faq&id=225]

I would appreciate if any of you could direct me in correct direction which would enable me to achieve the objective of mine.

Thank you.
UPDATE:

I have made some progress on this since I posted the above. And thus far I managed to;
1. Design the label using Nice Label
2. Prompt user to enter Details (First/ Last Name) and print them on the label
3. Print the RFID Tag Id on the label using RFID Tag Text Field control provided in the Nice Label

In relation to Read and Save RFID Tag Data, I have tried both the option provided under this option.
a. Database plugin - Defined the custom connection string to SQL Database and mapped the table fields accordingly (a field each for 1st name, last name as well RFID Data) under the Storage Fields tab.
b. Text Plugin - Specified the target RFID Data storage file as well as Error Logging file.

When printing, even though the printed label is correctly comes out with the entered details (ie. 1st/ last name) as well as the RFID Tag Id nothing is persisted either in Database table not the Text file.

What might be causing this? Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Brief of my system:
Printer: Zebra RZ 400 300 dpi
Printer Connection Type: USB
Bidirectional Communication for Printer Enabled: Yes
Nice Label Pro 6
Nice Label Driver Version 5.1.01 (Build 4360) - Windows Drivers for ZEBRA

sam
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Read and Store RFID Tag Data

Post by sam » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:45 am

If you want to use the function “Read and Store RFID tag”, you have to use NetWork port or use com / Parallel port, do not use USB port, and please use text Plugin for store RFID tags.
Please try another connection and use text Plugin for store RFID tag