How to register the NiceLabel6WR.dll?

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

SimonD
Enthusiast

How to register the NiceLabel6WR.dll?

Post by SimonD » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi all,

i have a huge/small problem over here - i coded an application in vb 2010 express and everything works fine on my machine.

when i try to start the exe-file of my application on another pc - i got the error message that the class is not registered (i figured aout that it always appears when i try to set a new instance of NiceApp like Nice = New NiceApp)

so i tried to register the dll via regsvr32 and regasm but both ways didn't work :/

any suggestions for me?

Kind Regards
Simon

primoz
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: How to register the NiceLabel6WR.dll?

Post by primoz » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm

I presume you are using .NET:
- select x86 as application platform (Configuration Manager). NiceLabel itself is a 32 bit application, selecting "Any CPU" as application platform will cause incompatibility between application and NiceLabel when running in 64 bit environment.
- Interop.NiceLabel5WR.dll (generated by Visual studio) should be placed into the same folder as the main executable

SimonD
Enthusiast

Post by SimonD » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi primoz,

thanks for your answer - I think it's .NET yes - I just code from time to time so I'm sure

I already tried the solution with the configuration manager - it doesn't work - i use the NiceLabel6WR.dll

Code: Select all

Imports NiceLabel6WR 
- Visual Studio doesn't create a dll by itself - I'm going to test what happens if i copy the NiceLabel5WR.dll which is provided with the integrationpack.

we don't have 64bit systems here just 32bit with still windows xp installed... (don't ask me why ;) )

Kind Regards
Simon

primoz
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Post by primoz » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

HI,
V6 requires Interop.NiceLabel6WR.dll which represent's .NET wrapper around NiceLabel6WR.dll and should be somewhere inside Release/Debug folders.

SimonD
Enthusiast

Post by SimonD » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi,

i got the dll already - i tried to register it by myself - now i got another error message, that there is an error in the dll-file :/

i don't know what to do...

what do you mean with V6? - on the pc i coded the application everything works fine :?

i tried to use NiceLabel5WR.dll - but same problem - i might changed not enough - the dll-files are in the same dir as the exe-file - do have to copy it in a local dir? at the moment its in the network.

primoz
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Post by primoz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:31 am

V6 as NiceLabel version 6.

There is no need to register NiceLabel6WR.dll this is done by the NiceLabel installation, the file is located on the same folder as nlabel6.exe("c:\Program Files\EuroPlus\NiceLabel 6\bin" - for default install folder).

When you add NiceLabel6WR.dll to your .NET project (reference) Interop.NiceLabel6WR.dll is generated and serves as a .NET wrapper around NiceLabel6WR.dll.

Regards,
primoz

SimonD
Enthusiast

Post by SimonD » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:14 am

Hi Primoz,

yes that's the problem - it works with a nicelabel installation - but what about those pc which don't have a nicelabel installation and i want to start my application on them?

Kind Regards

Miso
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Post by Miso » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Hello Simon,

By using our interface you are coding against our NiceLabel print engine. This means that NiceLabel print engine needs to be installed on the computers where you want to use such application.

For installing the engine you have two options:
  • You can install and license NiceLabel Designer product separately on the client machine as this will also install the NiceLabel print engine
  • You can opt for NiceLabel SDK which will allow you to bundle the installation of NiceLabel print engine in your application so no additional installation will be needed.
In any case you will need a NiceLabel license (SDK or Designer) for your client computers. I suggest you contact our sales team for quotes regarding the SDK licenses.

Let me know if this helps,

Regards,

Miso