NiceWatch: send JOB filename across TCP/IP ?

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

thordk
Enthusiast

NiceWatch: send JOB filename across TCP/IP ?

Post by thordk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Hmmm...i might have totally misunderstood what NiceWatch is about here.

I thought i could connect with a socket, and through this send NiceCommands like "OPEN xxxxx", "SET yyyyyyy", "PRINT 1" - but it seems to me that its not possible, that niceCommands only can come from a JOB file ?

If its not true, then please let me know how to send theese commands through sockets - and how to specify it in the "trigger" - if it is true, then - is there any possiblility i can tell the Trigger - through TCP what JOB file i want to send ?

I dont want to have a fixed JOB name since im talking to several printers.

thordk
Enthusiast

Post by thordk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Well through filters ! now im very very close to get it working.

Can select printers, layouts, etc. through filters now.

Only problem i got now is:

got a filter "REC_ITEMNO" - which extracts the ITEMNO from the data sent to NiceWatch.

I then want to set a variable on the label to this REC_ITEMNO.

Ive tried to use "SET VARIABLE" but cannot specify another variabel's value - only constants in the trigger.

Ive tried to use "SEND CUSTOM COMMANDS":

SET "LABEL_ITEMNO" = "REC_ITEMNO"

and:
SET LABEL_ITEMNO = REC_ITEMNO

But it wont work, it takes the "REC_ITEMNO" as a constant and not as the variable ive specifed in the NiceWatch setup & trigger.

thordk
Enthusiast

Post by thordk » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Well instead of assigning one variable to another, i just used the filter to set the variable in the first place.

And now it seems to work as it should :) - so i might be abit more quiet now.

lpatty
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Post by lpatty » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:50 pm

You can send the same commands as you would see it in a JOB file, through the socket. In Watch, you would simply use a 'Run Command File' action and assign the 'DataFileName' internal variable to it instead of a specific file name.

The job will be processed the same in Watch, just the interface is different from the File Drop trigger.