Create a stand alone label via code

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Frederic
Enthusiast

Create a stand alone label via code

Post by Frederic » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Hello,

we have currently the following architecture: labels we use are connected to a database. At print time, database is read and the labels are printed.

We are facing the following problem: we must have some of these labels printed by an external company, which has no access to our network.

For them, it would be easier to use a stand alone label, which don't need a database to be printed.

We were wondering if, by chance, it would be possible, via Nicelabel API, to save a standalone version of our labels.

I explain what I mean: the program would open the label, and also read the database. Then, we would like to replace in the label each database variable with a normal variable with stored content. Then save the label under a different name and send it to our contractor => He could print this specific label without access to our database or application, just with a nicelabel client.

Each time the database or the label is modified, we would send him a new version of the lbl file.

Do you think such a scenario would be possible with the nicelabel API?
Language would be VBscript, but to fullfill the functionality we coud use other technologies if needed.

Best regards.
Frédéric.

Dennis Ehmig
Addict
Addict

Re: Create a stand alone label via code

Post by Dennis Ehmig » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:44 am

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to do this, but I don't know much about the export features, maybe those could solve your problem.
An alternative I can think of to achieve this would be to print to file with the records you need and give this to your external partners. Then they can print it on their end. Not sure if that's what you were hoping for though.