Split Data into separate columns

Suggestions for new functionality in NiceLabel. Do you want some feature but can't find it in the NiceLabel software? Post your wish here. Note: This is not a support forum.

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Federgast
Newcomer

Split Data into separate columns

Post by Federgast » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:10 am

Hi it should very help to split data from excel into different columns.
For example I have an excel sheet that I cannot work for many reasons and it has created by an ERP software. It works fine but regarding customers addresses they are in one column. Yes I can use the Multi-lines function but the address split "randomly". It could be very help to use the same function of excel when you split data into separate columns through ";" or "|" or any other symbol

Could it be possible to add it?
Thanks in advance

Kindest regards
Federico

Dennis Ehmig
Addict
Addict

Re: Split Data into separate columns

Post by Dennis Ehmig » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:19 am

Hi,
this feature is already part of NiceLabel. It is one of the standard functions called "Subset".
subset.PNG
subset.PNG (11.65 KiB) Viewed 9836 times
You will have to switch to delimited and set the correct delimiter. Select a variable that contains the delimited data. The field number will determine which of the fields you will receive in the output variable.

If your data can contain up to 4 different rows separated by 3 ";" you can then define 4 functions and name them something like "VarName_R1" to "VarName_R4", each with the according field number. Then you can place all 4 rows independently on the label.

Federgast
Newcomer

Re: Split Data into separate columns

Post by Federgast » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:09 pm

Great!!! thank you very much. Very interesting.