We are proud to announce the official release of version 5.2 of NiceLabel, the professional labeling software.
Although the subversion may appear as a minor change to the software, over 500 improvements have been added to make NiceLabel more powerful than ever.
In the development, our aim was to provide a product that will meet and exceed the most demanding of user requirements, as well as remain easy to sell and support by our partner network.
As our partners target different markets, different users will appreciate different features. Still, there are many improvements everybody will appreciate. The Standard Series offers these highlights:
- Retail users will appreciate EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) support, which enables an ordinary RFID tag to be used as an anti-theft device.
- TWAIN support for Webcam and scanner images will make printing identification cards from a customized interface easier than ever.
- Users, who want to print text fitting to the boundaries of a rounded label, will be thrilled by the capabilities of the new curved text feature.
- One of the fastest developing markets remains to be logistics, and we made sure to keep up with the latest standards. Support for TDS is added to the package of EPC global encoding standards.
- The significantly redesigned and improved user interface of the Enterprise Print Manager offers a unique user experience.
- CIOs and production managers can now rely on exact data to analyze printing system performance and thereby optimize their organization and investments with the help of automatically generated executive reports.
- Web printing is now available to non-Windows platforms (Macintosh, Linux) and can be utilized by Mozilla Firefox and Opera browser users
- NiceWatch Enterprise can provide feedback of printing status to the data-providing application. Manual trigger execution makes it much easier to design and test the solution.
You can learn the details about the major improvements in the Standard Series Release notes and in the Enterprise Series Release notes.
(Don't worry, the public documentation includes much less than 500 topics.)
You are welcome to contact us and discuss the benefits of these latest improvements. Use the other forums for the communication.