Zebra Industrial Printers

This forum is for questions regarding the forums and for all your non-NiceLabel ideas. Well... maybe not all of them ;-)

Moderators: Georges, milos

larryj2112
Newcomer

Zebra Industrial Printers

Post by larryj2112 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:21 pm

I hope this is not going against any TOS for this message board but I was hoping to get some advice on something. My company recently obtained several Zebra thermal label printers. Models, 110Xi4, 110Xi3, 140Xi4 and 140Xi3. We have inventory all of them, tested and upgraded the firmware for the ones we could. Many of them (about 30 of each model) are on our website with photos. My question is, about half of them have bad print heads, mainly just a a few dead pixels. I have sold quite a few on eBay but I am wondering is it really worth investing into buying new print heads? Is there someone or a dealer that would be willing to make an offer on a lot of 10 or more of these? Zebra printers is not within our typical realm of equipment we deal in so I do not have many contacts for these. Obviously I have googled and reached out to those that have already purchased from us on eBay.

Just looking for some feedback and/or direction on where to go with these. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Larry Johnson

agmbarcode
Newcomer

Re: Zebra Industrial Printers

Post by agmbarcode » Mon May 28, 2018 10:04 am

from my experience it is not worth to buying a new print head just for a little few dead pixel. little few dead pixel probably cause by some dust around a print head, a routine clear every day of a print head probably solve the problem.

Detweiler
Newcomer

Re: Zebra Industrial Printers

Post by Detweiler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Is cleaning the printer head every day advisable? Can't you damage it in the process?