Accessing RTL effect using Python

Software technical issues not related to any of the other categories

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

babis95
Enthusiast

Accessing RTL effect using Python

Post by babis95 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:44 am

Hi,

We are currently printing multi Language label which is made out of 6 different Languages split into their paragraph inside one TextBox, e.g.:

EngLine1
EngLine2
EngLine3

ArabicLine1
ArabicLine2
ArabicLine2

MandarinLine1
MandarinLine2
MandarinLine3

SpanishLine1
SpanishLine2
SpanishLine2

FrenchLine1
FrenchLine2
FrenchLine3
etc.

This text-box source is a python script. Each language has their own variable with that language connected to it from the database. We are using a python to list these languages in their correct location with appropriate spacing.

Code: Select all

if Space.Value  == 'y' or Space.Value == 'Y':
	Result.Value = ENG.Value + chr(10) + chr(10) + ARA.Value + chr(10) + chr(10) + MDR.Value + chr(10) + chr(10) + DNK.Value + chr(10) + chr(10) + NED.Value + chr(10) + chr(10) + FIN.Value
elif Space.Value  == 'n' or Space.Value == 'N' or Space.Value == '':
	Result.Value = ENG.Value + ARA.Value + MDR.Value + DNK.Value + NED.Value + FIN.Value
Now. Because Arabic is a language that is read from Right to Left i need it to display as such, but as of now it moves my text around.
https://imgur.com/a/w2w6Xs8
In the image i have placed two text boxes with Arabic in. One on the left has the RTL option disabled - and as you can see the 96% is located in a wrong position, as it should be on the right. The one with RTL ENABLED the 96% is moved over to the right and its now correct.

Because the Oriental text boxes have multiple languages in, I cannot simply enable RTL as it will affect other languages as well.

My Question is, is it possible to access the RTL option using the Python script. This way i could just use it on the Arabic variable

Thanks for any Help

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Accessing RTL effect using Python

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Babis95,

We have replied to your support case that you sent in about this issue.