Printing on predefined printers

Software technical issues not related to any of the other categories

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

zbina
Valued Contributor

Printing on predefined printers

Post by zbina » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:20 am

Hello,
I want to restrict printers, that can be used by users.

Sometimes, somebody makes mistake and prints not on Zebra, but on Kyocera. This can be problem, because we have 13 licenses, but there is now 15 printers used, because people are using wrong printer. I saw some setting, that can restrict which printers can be used by single computer.

See attachment please, does this configuration mean, that I can print only on two selected printers? Is this setting individual for each workstation (computer)?

Thank you for reply,
NiceLabel is still the best \:D/
Attachments
snap.PNG
snap.PNG (57.17 KiB) Viewed 7126 times

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Printing on predefined printers

Post by Mytch » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 pm

zbina,

Thank you as always for the questions. :)

Reserving printers means that they will be retained even after the 7-day retention period has passed. This is meant to reserve a license seat to avoid being inadvertently "kicked off" by other printers. This reservation is applied for all NiceLabel applications and users.

There are several ways to restrict user's printer access, but this really depends on how your solution is designed. By default, a Windows user has access to any printer that is installed on the machine, so you can potentially restrict from that level. Otherwise, there are more advanced methods, such as creating conditional "printer lists" based on the user or computer that is running the software. There are several NiceLabel Internal Variables that can be utilized when creating a logic-gate in this process, such as SystemUserName and ComputerName.

zbina
Valued Contributor

Re: Printing on predefined printers

Post by zbina » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:34 am

Hello and thank you for your quick reactions!

We must have installed office printers too, because people, who are printing form Nice Label, are printing documents on A4/A5 as well, thus I cant remove office printer form their setup. Sometimes I feel like I work with idiots, you tell them three times not to do this, but they still try to print labels on office printers ](*,) I tried to setup Zebra as default printer, but in this case, they printed tables from excel on Zebra... [-X What should I do, if these people are unable to understand basic operations #-o nevermind, I am sure I will find a way to solve this.

See you soon, NiceLabel team. You are doing grat job! =D>

PS - it was not my decision, but I cant say anything bad on Kyocera printers. We are using laser printers, not ink printers, bro. We can print up to 25 000 pages with one cartridge.