AS-400 and Nicelabel

Software technical issues not related to any of the other categories

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

kreinafine2
Newcomer

AS-400 and Nicelabel

Post by kreinafine2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm your usual inexperienced, wanna be IT gal. I've got big dreams, but no knowledge.

Today I'm trying to learn how to connect to our AS-400 database via NiceLabel labeling software. I've seen little in the way of documentation save for a link I'll drop below. Unfortunately most of it is gibberish to me, and my ADHD self can't understand half of what I read.

If anyone has any idea of how to approach this subject, I would greatly appreciate it. Even our in house techs don't even know if it is possible. I'm taking kind of a shot in the dark here.

pherms
Enthusiast

Re: AS-400 and Nicelabel

Post by pherms » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 am

Hi Kreinafine2,

If you are able to setup an ODBC connection to your AS-400 system, than you should be able to connect Nicelabel to your AS-400.
Assuming you are using Nicelabel designer, you can use the database wizard to connect to this ODBC datasource and go from there.

To query the data, so you can use it in your labels, probably requires you to write some SQL queries.
Nicelabel has actions, which you can define in the events tab of your buttons on your form, to do just that.

I hope this helps a bit.

Kind regards,
pherms