NiceLabel 2019 - Datasource name not found

Issues related to NiceLabel installation and activation

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Xtopher
Newcomer

NiceLabel 2019 - Datasource name not found

Post by Xtopher » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi,

I have taken over the support of a NiceLabel 2019 installation (19.0.1 build 3817). We have recently moved over to Windows 2019 Datacenter from Windows Server 2008, both x64. I am having trouble with the triggers and it is not able to connect to our DB using ODBC any longer.

The DB connection is referenced in 2 places.
-Settings > General > Database Connection - select the DB connection - this works fine
-Actions > Execute Script > within the script a ADODB Connection is created and attempts to call the same DB connection above using:

Code: Select all

dbConnection.Open "Driver={IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER (64-bit)};Dsn=XXXX;Host=XX.XX.XX.XX;Server=XXXXX;Service=XXXX;Protocol=onsoctcp;Database=XXXX;UID=XXXX;PWD=XXXX"
I can see trying to run the trigger that the connection from General is working as the trigger fires and a connection test on selection of the connection works. However the connection from the script does not work and throws an error -
An error occurred while trying to execute a script. System error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
This same setup works fine on Windows 2008. The only thing I can see is that in W2008, we have set up the ODBC connections using a 32bit driver even though the OS is 64bit. I can also see the NiceLabel proxy is running as 32bit. Do we require 32bit drivers and ODBC to work with NiceLabel proxy?