Not sure if this issue belongs here...

Issues related to NiceLabel installation and activation

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

scorleo
Newcomer

Not sure if this issue belongs here...

Post by scorleo » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:39 pm

I just joined this forum in quest for finding compatibility of ILS Ultimate 1030 connectivity issue or determine compatibility issue with win 10, therefore I'm unsure if this question belongs here but I can certainly use help from others or moderators who can help end the wild goose chase.

Bought a used ILS 1030 and connected to computer running win 10. Downloaded and installed drivers from nicelabel.com along with nicelabel software. On driver installation, I did see an error message, ".....PnP..... but can continue installation" and it appears the drivers are installed because I see the ILS printer among other printers. Tried a test print both from the printer management software and nicelabel software and the job results in an error in the queue. BTW, using parallel printer cable for connecting via usb 2.0.

Now, am I wasting my time in trying to make this dinosaur bring to life? The printer still looks very good and I can get another 10 yrs out of it :D

Thank you!

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: Not sure if this issue belongs here...

Post by dado » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:29 am

It seems to be something with the USB while adding the driver.
Can you repeat the installation process but previously remove the drivers. To do that open the Run dialog (Start menu and type Run) then enter "control printers" and select any printer. Above you'll see the "Print server properties". There you can delete the driver.

If that doesn't work you can also try to add the printer manually (Now you probably installed it with the provided installation executable). You can click on the Add a printer in the "Devices and Printers" window that you opened previously and follow the wizard.

Regards, Damjan

scorleo
Newcomer

Post by scorleo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately it's not letting me remove it. When ILS printer is selected in "Printer Server Properties" dialog there are two options, 1) to remove drivers. and 2) To remove drivers and the package.The first one results in error saying the printer is in use even though there are no jobs in the queue, and second option says this -->
download1.png
download1.png (18.68 KiB) Viewed 789 times

I tried using PrnInst executable provided by NiceLabel to remove the driver and it results in this error message -->
download2.png
download2.png (19.41 KiB) Viewed 787 times

This is the same error I get when installing ILS 1030 driver. However, the process continues and it's able to remove the printer driver completely.

Furthermore, when this printer is plugged I do see the printer but not in the list of printers -->
download3.png
download3.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 787 times

On trying to add the printer by using suggested process, it does not show new printer in the list, only my existing printers -->
download4.png
download4.png (19.53 KiB) Viewed 787 times
Thank you once again!
Attachments
download4.png
download4.png (19.53 KiB) Viewed 789 times
download3.png
download3.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 789 times
download2.png
download2.png (19.41 KiB) Viewed 789 times

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Post by dado » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Ok

There are two things. When you try to remove the driver by the step 1. you must not open the printer properties or use the driver. This will lock the driver somehow, so its best to try to remove the driver after the reset.

Note that the page that PrnInst displays is not an error. But it notifies you that it will kill a process that holds vital driver files and then it will continue with the update.

The second step you need to click on the "the printer that I want isn't listed" then set the port and then select the "have disk" and choose the folder of the driver.

Regards, Damjan

scorleo
Newcomer

Post by scorleo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Finally getting to this task...

I did not have any jobs in the queue nor the printer dialog was open, I even restarted the computer but for unknown reasons to me it does not allow to remove by your suggested method, I can remove it cleanly by using your driver app and there's no error in using that approach.

While installing the printer by your suggested approach, it's asking me to select a port, I'm little unsure how this works. I have usb 5 ports in all, 3 of them are connected to other printers and they all are showing used USB1, USB2 and USB5 virtual printer ports. In this case, I opted to a create a new port USB3 but it does not create the port as Virtual Printer Ports like other printers are assigned by default. Also, two other USB ports, one is used for unifying receiver and is not visible in the list but the USB port where LSI is plugged is not shown on the list. Thoughts?

If I opt to use your driver app then I believe it assigns the port automatically based on the option I choose on the dialog but this is the message I have been getting during installation -->
download1.png
download1.png (21.5 KiB) Viewed 759 times

it does say installed successfully -->
download2.png
download2.png (14.61 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Thank you!

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Post by dado » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 am

Hi

I spent some time with out driver development team discussing your issue and I couldn't provide enough information. They still need to know a few things before pinpointing what happens with your system. And discussing this over the forum will take too much time so I suggest that you open a support incident here https://www.nicelabel.com/support/technical-support and this will get resolved over proper channels.

Regards, Damjan