Migrate from 6 to 2017

Issues related to NiceLabel installation and activation

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

thejacer87
Newcomer

Migrate from 6 to 2017

Post by thejacer87 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 pm

hi there,

fairly unfamiliar with this software. my client has some software built using nicelabel 6 that integrates with his website to print labels.

i can open the xff file in nicelabel 6 but when i try to open a file in nicelabel designer 2017, it doesnt seems to recognise it as a supported file.

am i doing anything wrong?
is there a way to migrate an xff to nicelabel 2017?
the label design seems to have a LOT of custom code. is there a chance that the migrate might for port it properly?

cheers

so i kinda found it. i downloaded power forms. tried to import my xff and got some compatibility issues:

Code: Select all

Barcode_label_form - The referenced file "database\Jobs.txt" could not be found. The object "CSV" using it will be displayed without a valid content. Make sure the file exists before using a document. 
 Barcode_label_form -  Schema file "C:\Users\user\Desktop\NiceForm Tool\database\Jobs.sch" does not exist. Without it, the Table object cannot connect to the configured text data file. Provide the schema file or reconfigure the database connection. 

the xff opens just fine in nicelabel 6 though, so not sure how to fixs these issues

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Migrate from 6 to 2017

Post by Kyleodonnell » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Thejacer87

It looks like there are databases connected to the form which are not present in the location is it look for and if it is referencing them the software cannot display them. The schema file is what gets created after a CSV file is connected to a form or label as a structure file and tells nicelabel what each field is and what length. I would double check those files are in the same location that the error message is pointing to. If they are, we recommend reaching out to the support team https://www.nicelabel.com/support/technical-support