Activation failed - This license was already activated several times, it cannot be activated again.

Issues related to NiceLabel installation and activation

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Jiblet
Newcomer

Activation failed - This license was already activated several times, it cannot be activated again.

Post by Jiblet » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Hello,

I bought a 10 PRINTER (ie 10 PRINTERS not 10 Computers) license for Nicelabel 17.

However it is not letting me activate my license on all my computers, after successfully installing and activating on 10 computers it stopped working and wouldn't let me activate on the 11th computer (or any of the others i tried after the 10th).

I am confused by this because i was told this new software was licensed by printer and not by PC, and seeing I only have 8 printers why can't i activate more than 10 computers?

I get the same error when trying to activate offline using the QR code or using a web browser to do it.

Also assuming that i am wrong and it is actually a 10 PC license and not a 10 printer license, how come when on one of the 10 computers that successfully activated, if i uninstall the software from it why doesn't it seem to free up a license to allow me to install on another PC? I still get the same too many activation error message! It appears the uninstall process doesn't notify your servers that one of my 10 licenses is now free, so if a computer ever needs to be reinstalled, replaced or upgraded, it won't let me because your activation servers are refusing to allow any more activations against my key! :(

Any advice would be appreciated, i'm not sure if this is a licensing issue (printer vs PC) or if there is some sort of issue with the 3 PC's i've tried to activate after the 10th.

Thanks!
Last edited by Jiblet on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Activation failed - This license was already activated several times, it cannot be activated again.

Post by Mytch » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:58 pm

Jiblet,

Thank you for the questions and concerns. You are correct - NiceLabel is licensed per printer rather than per computer, which means you can have an unlimited amount of workstations using the same license key. However, all workstations must meet our licensing requirements and laid out in our full Licensing Guide here:
https://www.nicelabel.com/resources/fil ... ensing.pdf

There is no "PC cap" as you describe and no mechanism to remove workstations from the license upon uninstall, because all licensing is based on number of printers only. You do have the option to go to Help > About > Deactivate license, which can be used if you are moving a machine to a new domain, network, reformatting with new name, etc. Perhaps the issue here is the computer receiving this error message is not meeting our licensing requirements. The two main takeaways of our licensing guide is all the workstations need to be able to communicate on the network and be on the same domain or workgroup.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.