SDK Unit Licences

Issues related to NiceLabel installation and activation

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

tobinit
Newcomer

SDK Unit Licences

Post by tobinit » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:42 pm

Hiya,

I have registered the Nicelabel SDK so I can develop applications for my clients using Nicelabel,

When I deploy the application to the client, they need to have a SDK Unit Based Licence to run the application.
Currently, they are using my Licence and I purchase additional Client Licences as they need them.

The issue I am finding is that there is no way to check how many licences are in use without contacting Nicelabel Support.

Is there any way to get this information, if we install my software on a temporary test machine, it uses up a licence.Once we move to the final machine, I cannot use the software as I have exceeded my licence count.
I have to go back to Nicelabel Support and they add in another Licence, there doesn't seem to be anyway to clear out the old licences ?

Thanks
Rob

Miso
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Re: SDK Unit Licences

Post by Miso » Tue May 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Hello Rob,

To help with this you should have received two certificate.ini files. One to use for internal development and testing and the other one for production servers. This way you can only use your real production licenses when you deploy to the final machine and use test certificate.ini in the process of testing.

Aside from that you are right - currently you will need to contact support regarding the license usage or release. The licences can not be cleared out today by the clients as they are meant to be permanent and the SDK will operate without internet connectivity after the license has been obtained the first time.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Miso

tobinit
Newcomer

Re: SDK Unit Licences

Post by tobinit » Tue May 12, 2015 2:18 pm

Thanks Miso,

So can I use my testing certificate on my development machine, then copy onto another client machine while we test the application?

We would then move onto the final client certificate once we are happy we can roll out the Terminal,