Bottom digits of UPC Numbers getting cut off

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

NatalieLeeTFNW
Newcomer

Bottom digits of UPC Numbers getting cut off

Post by NatalieLeeTFNW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:35 am

Hello,

I have a weird problem where the bottom HALF of the digits for our product barcodes are getting cut off.

There is nothing in the label template settings that can explain this. It's intermittent. One printer (Zebra ZT 410, Zebra ZM 400) will do it while it's neighbor of the same make and model will print the full digits. We've checked the hardware settings too and they are identical between printers.

The nicelabel preview shows the full digits, so does downloading a PDF.

Nice Label 4.0 (out of date I know)

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this. It just sucks because it limits the number of printers we can print certain labels on and ideally we should be able to utilize all the of the printers equally regardless of the label type.

Also, performing a manual ribbon / media calibration does not fix it.

Thank you,

Nat

NatalieLeeTFNW
Newcomer

Re: Bottom digits of UPC Numbers getting cut off

Post by NatalieLeeTFNW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:33 am

OK! I figured it out but hopefully this will help someone else.

So the barcode font we're using in nicelabel is not on our printers. I kept looking back and forth at the preview / pdf versus what was printing and realized that the printer is using some kind of default barcode font which is causing the size to change and pushing the numbers too far into the margin.

We are exploring options for getting the font on the printer but until then we are going to shorten our barcodes so they can fit.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Bottom digits of UPC Numbers getting cut off

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Natalie,
We recommend updating to the latest version of the Driver as well as the firmware