Edit/Memo Field to Automatically select rows to print?

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

benjocaz
Newcomer

Edit/Memo Field to Automatically select rows to print?

Post by benjocaz » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:53 pm

So I have the data for all my products in an excel sheet that NiceLabel looks at for information such as the product number, size, material, category, and even what image to use. I'm trying to figure out how to make a text field in the custom print form that would allow me to enter multiple product numbers and have only labels for those products be printed, ie I would enter "123, 1234, 1, 5, 7881, 4567" and only get labels for those products instead of having to select the individual products from the data initialization table.

Eventually we'll have an SQL server running on one of our internal machines but for now it's an excel sheet with only about 100 products on it that I'm using just to get a feel for it. This is our first time using NiceLabel and up to this point it's been great to work with. Eventually all 30,000 products we have will be in the database so it is imperative that I have a better system for choosing which products to print labels for than scrolling through and hitting the checkbox every time.

Is there any way to do what I described? Preferably without scripting to keep things neat but if that's the only option I'd be willing to do so. Maybe the actions? I haven't quite figured out how those work yet. Any and all suggestions welcome, thank you!

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Edit/Memo Field to Automatically select rows to print?

Post by Kyleodonnell » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Benjocaz.

You would need to run a SQL script on the edit field to tokenize your string
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/620 ... e-a-string