Form Background

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

ryan.cosgrove
Enthusiast

Form Background

Post by ryan.cosgrove » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:10 am

Hi,

I have recently updated to Nice Label version 10.
I was wondering is it still not possible to change the form background based on a variable event?

Currently I am getting around this by placing a different coloured frame that is only visible when the variable is changed to a certain value, this however looks messy in design mode and would be much cleaner if I could program the form colour to change.

Thanks
Ryan

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Form Background

Post by Mytch » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:46 pm

Ryan,

Form background color is still a static property and not likely to change. This is the case for all label and form properties currently. Again, this is realistically not going to change in the near-future.

Instead of conditional visibility of multiple objects (or layers), you can use Variable Event with "Set Object Property" action. You can set Frame color to variable data source using HEX RGBA color code. E.g. white is "#FFFFFFFF". When setting color property for Frame object, just know this is setting the border color. You can "trick" Frame into changing color by having a really thick border and use "Set Object Property" as described.

Regards,
Mytch