Split variable into multiple rich text boxes

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

DanielT
Valued Contributor

Split variable into multiple rich text boxes

Post by DanielT » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi,

I have this label:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (31.49 KiB) Viewed 3365 times
"Part 1" is connected to a variable containing some text. I wonder if it's possible to split the text into "Part 2" when "Part 1" is full.

Regards Daniel.

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Split variable into multiple rich text boxes

Post by Mytch » Wed May 25, 2022 4:49 pm

Daniel,

You can use Subset Function to split longer variable input into two parts, but you must know the preferred character length or delimiter to split. Some feature like "text box" overflow has been requested in the past and still gathering interest... It may be implemented one day in the future but not currently in development. I've increase the weight of this request for now which will make it more likely to be considered.

Mytch

Nicelabel BD
Enthusiast

Post by Nicelabel BD » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:48 pm

Hi Mytch,

This feature highly recommended by most of the Nicelabel existing users and new users also who are working in Apparel Labeling Organizations for Multilanguage's Care Label designing and Printing in Bangladesh. Please fix this feature in Nicelabel as soon as possible then Nicelabel will be best fit for All Types of Care Label automation process. Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Porag
Best Regards,
Porag
Nicelabel Dealer and Technical Support
BANGLADESH.

DanielT
Valued Contributor

Post by DanielT » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:37 am

Thanks for reply!