NiceLabel and Lan

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

teo.jurado
Enthusiast

NiceLabel and Lan

Post by teo.jurado » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:38 am

I have a little problem with NiceLabel, see if you can help me ...

I have labels in a shared directory, with all permits .... The application works well, and can modify create and delete files in the directory without problems ... but ....

If I open a label from the browser, I have no problem if I open it from within the application, opens as read-only, which, all modifications you can make to the label, or keep it under another name, or not can save….

P.D. Sorry for my english ....

jure
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Re: NiceLabel and Lan

Post by jure » Thu May 12, 2016 8:30 am

Hello,

I am sorry for a late reply. From the description it seems as the NiceLabel application might be opened with the user who doesn't have correct permissions on the network location, so when you open a label from NiceLabel it opens it only in Read-only. I suggest you looking into that direction, and perhaps try to make sure that you will open NiceLabel with the user who has correct access on the network.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

teo.jurado
Enthusiast

Post by teo.jurado » Thu May 12, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks for the reply...

Consulting with the technicians, it seems that there is a problem with nicelabel and files on NAS servers... I'm waiting for a possible solution.

jueru
Newcomer

Post by jueru » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi,
do you have found a reason for the Read Only problem from Network drives.
I have the same Problem with Nice Label 5 / 6 / 7 but only over the menu /File / Open way.
If I open the file directly over the Windows Explorer it is ok (read/write), also over the way /File/Last Recent.

The User have all rights to the Label Folder ....

teo.jurado
Enthusiast

Post by teo.jurado » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Yes, I have exactly the same problem ...
The technicians simply surrendered ....

I think it's a problem with the function of opening files in the program, because in the opening window (from within the program), you can delete, create or modify files, but when you open them, only open reading mode ....

Sorry, but as I've said before, the technicians, did not give me solution

jure
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Post by jure » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 am

Hello,

Additional investigation has been made regarding this issue. It appears, that possible reason for this could also be Windows OS with language pack installed. Our development department has checked into this, and enabled additional registry key, which can disable access check, which will resolve this "read-only" issue.

Access can be disabled by adding DWORD value LabelAccessCheck under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EuroPlus\NiceLabel\6.0\Special (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EuroPlus\NiceLabel\6.0\Special for 32 bit system). DWORD with value 0 disables file access check.

We are very sorry that this issue took longer to respond, but it is very hard to reproduce such problem, as it appears only on some systems with language pack installed, and not all. The issue can also be related to domain settings.

I hope above will help you resolve the issue.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

teo.jurado
Enthusiast

Post by teo.jurado » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:14 am

Thanks!!! It Works!!!!.....

HenryB
Enthusiast

Post by HenryB » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm facing the same problem. Creating the DWORD-value "LabelAccessCheck" doesn't seem to work for NiceLabel 5.4.4 (Build 7005) running on Windows Server 2012 R2 terminal server. The labels are stored on a Windows Small Business Server 2008.

I've figured out that accessing the labels stored on a Windows 2012 R2-share, that there are no problems at all. Even without the DWORD-value "LabelAccessCheck".

Another hint?

teo.jurado
Enthusiast

Post by teo.jurado » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:00 pm

The value is inserted in the machine where the program is executed? (client)

HenryB
Enthusiast

Post by HenryB » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Yes, teo.jurado.

teo.jurado
Enthusiast

Post by teo.jurado » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:43 am

HenryB wrote:Yes, teo.jurado.
Sorry ... I had not fallen since you were talking about an earlier version ...