VBScripting Inverse Objects

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

DStolte
Newcomer

VBScripting Inverse Objects

Post by DStolte » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm not sure if NiceLabel is even capable of doing the following, but I figure I'd give it a shot and ask for help and any pointers.
I have an Inverse Object that I need to vary the width of depending on the string length of an input character variable. In VB, typically one would simply code the objects property as something similar to Inverse.Width = len(variable)*0.1. Are the label objects really objects one can reference or are they just called objects for convenience. How can one program the objects property to vary in width, height, on/off, etc, thru the Functions of NiceLabel, not through an external program?

Are there samples of VBScripts available for examination so one can understand the flexibility of NiceLabel scripting?

jurk
Addict
Addict

Re: VBScripting Inverse Objects

Post by jurk » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:19 am

Object's width and height properties are read only therefore canno be set. NiceLabel allows automating of print production not the design itself :?

You can get more information online http://www.nicelabel.com/Support/Knowledge-Base or use the provided documentation.

In case of problems you can allways post to this forums or contact our technical support group
NiceLabel Development