Exporting to EPS under Windows 7

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

jplv
Valued Contributor

Exporting to EPS under Windows 7

Post by jplv » Thu May 26, 2011 8:54 pm

I am trying to export a barcode to EPS and am getting the following error under Windows 7 Ultimate.

Error ID: 1278
Error description: 'Export to EPS failed. Linotronic PostScript printer driver must be installed on the system! Please install the driver from original Windows distribution CD-ROM!'
Severity ID: 3
Severity name: 'Error'
Available actions: OK
Default action: OK
Group ID: 29
Type ID: 2
Can disable dialog: NO

The problem is, there is no such printer driver anywhere on any of my Windows 7 discs. Does anyone have an insight? Oh, and I do not own a Linotronic printer either.

Miso
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Re: Exporting to EPS under Windows 7

Post by Miso » Tue May 31, 2011 9:21 am

Hello,

Linotronic PostScript driver is used in NiceLabel only to create PostScript file so you do not actually need a printer :wink:. The driver used to come with windows but it seems to be gone from Windows 7 installation. Alternative which should also work is Adobe Universal PS driver. If you can find and install any of these two drivers i believe the export should work.

Regards,
Miso

jurk
Addict
Addict

Re: Exporting to EPS under Windows 7

Post by jurk » Tue May 31, 2011 10:32 am

Hello,

Can you please explain why you would like to create EPS file?

I did some research and managed to get the EPS file using alternative driver on Windows 7, I am just not sure the results are correct. Maybe if you can give me some details on how are you planning to use the EPS file I can prepare you one and send it over so you can validate the results?

Regards,
Jure
NiceLabel Development