Nesting For Loops

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

rlmeyer
Enthusiast

Nesting For Loops

Post by rlmeyer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:27 pm

This is probably a noob question, but I cannot find info that answers the question. Can you nest For Loops in NiceForm? I am trying to use the least amount of VBScript possible.

Here is the senerio...
I have Form that has a start label field and a end label field which gives you the number of labels to print. On the last label I want it to set a field value to "" and print a label. My first for loop prints labels from start field to end field with curr label as loop variable. Within that first for loop is another for loop that has a condition of curr label = end label. If the condition is true then it sets a separate field to "" and prints one label. Everytime I initiate the actions above, it gives me an error (see attachment). I am guessing the problem is nested for loops. All variables are defined and have the correct data type.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard
Attachments
error_nesting_forloops.jpg
error_nesting_forloops.jpg (15.77 KiB) Viewed 1265 times

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: Nesting For Loops

Post by dado » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:29 pm

I would suggest you post your form and label too. This would give us a lot more information to check what's happening here.

Regards

Damjan