Packing List with AS400 and MySQL

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

mati8686
Newcomer

Packing List with AS400 and MySQL

Post by mati8686 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:54 am

Hi,
I have downloaded nicelabel form to get a try and I have designed a solution.

My solution is intended to be used for packing list operation:

1. The operator open the packing list module which have a barcode entry form
2. The operator begin to scan the EAN of each product to be added in a package for example 10 products.
3. I have created a MySQL table with three columns (session_id, barcode, quantity)
4. When the operator scan the barcode the SQL record the barcode and quantity scanned

Now the first problem, the form doesn't clear after scan so the operator have to manually clear the form each time and this can be painful.

5. When I click print button I cannot find a way to tell NiceLabel to search in DB2 table for the EAN scanned and than print the label with product informations (code, EAN, description and scanned quantity).

What I have done successfully after pressing print button is to clear the MySQL table and print a blank label.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Packing List with AS400 and MySQL

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:51 pm

Mati8686,

You can have the edit fields in the form clear out after a label is printed
clearcontent.PNG
clearcontent.PNG (24.68 KiB) Viewed 250 times
When a label is printed, it will reset itself to blank.

We recommend using a filter, which will then look in the database for a specific record. Please take a look at the attached sample, the sample uses a filter that when a product name is selected from the dropdown, it will look up that product name in the database
filter.PNG
filter.PNG (44.17 KiB) Viewed 250 times
You can use a filter for any field in your database. Please review the attached sample
Attachments
Filter database.zip
(35.52 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

mati8686
Newcomer

Post by mati8686 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 pm

Thank you very much for your suggestion but the problem is that the operator must read each product EAN and the application must increase quantity value in the SQL database.

So for example if the operator have to package 10 products with the handled device read for 10 times the product barcode and this will be added to the SQL database.

When operator finish to read the 10 products he press the print button at that time the application will retrieve product data from AS400 odbc connected database using the provided EAN and add to the label the quantity from SQL database.

At the moment it doesn't work in any way it only work adding for the first time to the MySQL the barcode with quantity 1. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Matti8686,

We recommend opening up a support case https://www.nicelabel.com/support/technical-support