Is it possible to move grouped objects within the print form?

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

depfuell
Newcomer

Is it possible to move grouped objects within the print form?

Post by depfuell » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:17 am

I couldn't sleep last night and so I thought about a problem which me concerns me. I like to know is it possible to move grouped objects on a label in the print dialog (without using Nicelabel designer). Here some background information to this question. I have a preprinted label where I have to print a lot number and the shelf life of the product. The difficulty which I have is, that the lable position is not 100% equal in the printer. Means, if i print the lable with two different lable batches the print of the lot nr. and shelf life could be some milimeters shifted.

To fix this problem I thought if it could be possible to programm 4 buttons in Nicelabel to move the position of the grouped objects via print form.

Can anyone tell me if this can be realized in Nicelabel?

Thanks in advanced.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Is it possible to move grouped objects within the print form?

Post by Kyleodonnell » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Depfuell,

It would be possible to move objects using our API to manipulate the objects on the label. There is a sample here C:\Users\Public\Documents\NiceLabel 2019\SDK\Samples\ObjectInterfaceSample