Font keeps changing

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Tofa
Newcomer

Font keeps changing

Post by Tofa » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:10 pm

I have been using a Cognitive del Sol LX 2 inch for my POS with NiceDriver version 4.1.01. I have no problem getting it to print it just doesn't like printing the correct font. I can delete the driver and reinstall and it will go back to normal and for a while it would work fine. Now it switches over to this tiny and ugly font every other day or so. I am also having to reinstall a couple of other HP printers that are on the same network. I think somehow they are conflicting with each other. I am tired of fixing this problem every day. Any suggestions? I already asked NiceLabel and they seem to have no idea.
Thanks, Logan

lpatty
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Post by lpatty » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:48 pm

If you are using a POS system like CounterPoint the problem may be that everytime you open the label, NiceLabel converts the label to the default printer on the PC, then converts it back when you select the Cognitive driver. There is a fix to this in the NiceLabel SDK v5 that allows the application developer to call a specific printer before opening the label. This is probly not implemented in your version (if you are using CP).

Try changing the Cognitive driver to the default Windows printer and run more tests. This may solve it becasue the NiceLabel engine will look to open the defualt printer, which happens to be your target printer if the Cognitive is set to default.