import text from pdf to label

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

sebok
Enthusiast

import text from pdf to label

Post by sebok » Tue May 26, 2020 11:15 pm

Hello Mytch and others ;)

I looked at the different forum topics and did not find an answer.
I have more than 200 labels to create. The different textual information is already in different pdf files.
Do you know if it is possible to create a label by importing text data from the same pdf file, for example:
a title,
a text box 1,
a text box 2,

Thank you !

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: import text from pdf to label

Post by Mytch » Thu May 28, 2020 3:00 pm

sebok,

This is not currently possible to do with NiceLabel. PDF is some proprietary file format (that is now somewhat standardized), but there is no way for NiceLabel to extract any data from it. All that can be done is print the PDF directly to the printer from NiceLabel or add the PDF to the label design. A PDF can be added as a Picture object, because it will be converted to a BMP image. Maybe some other third-party tool specializes in extracting text from PDF, which can then be used in NiceLabel in some other format.

You can try to post this idea here:
viewforum.php?f=12

Regards,
Mytch

sebok
Enthusiast

Re: import text from pdf to label

Post by sebok » Thu May 28, 2020 9:13 pm

Thank you very much Mytch for these details, so I will go through copy / paste. It seems the simplest of the blow.
Thank you very much and have a good evening.