Missing Information on Label After Printing

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

CSPO
Newcomer

Missing Information on Label After Printing

Post by CSPO » Thu May 28, 2020 9:35 am

Hi,

I am hoping to receive some advice. When I print my tag, some of the information that should be printed/displayed on the physical tag after printing is not there.

I have a Datamax 4206 Mark II printer and I have the latest and appropriate Nice Label driver installed.

In the design software itself, all the margins of my design are correct and also match that of the printer. The printer properties and settings are also correct. The entire design of my tag is enclosed within the red border. However, after printing, there is information missing on the tag. See Pictures below.

I thought I might add that at the moment I am using a demo version, to test the software before purchase, which is not going well. According to everything I've read, the demo version does not have any restrictions.

Can anyone help with this?
IMG_2011.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg (71.98 KiB) Viewed 324 times
IMG_2012.jpg
IMG_2012.jpg (52.11 KiB) Viewed 324 times

highfrost
Valued Contributor

Re: Missing Information on Label After Printing

Post by highfrost » Fri May 29, 2020 9:19 am

Hello!

I have not had such problem with using the demo version and as far as I know there are no restriction except time :)

The weird thing is that your textfields seem to cut of all around the same distance every time.
I have seen Nicelabel not print an entire field (somehow when I used to many fonts) but never a piece of a field.

That said have you tested your printer if it prints over the entire with of the printhead?
With a raster test or something like that.

I don't have any experience with Datamax printers but I have seen many printers with what I call pressure pins on the printhead to create a manual print range. This so the pressure rolls under the printhead are saved from damage when the with of your label is smaller then the with of your printhead.

If that is not it, I am curious if it prints completely when you print to a pdf printer.

Hope it helps.