Unwanted Double Side Printing Problem

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

DonShar
Enthusiast

Unwanted Double Side Printing Problem

Post by DonShar » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:20 pm

We use a NiceLabel Solution form to print 8.5 x 11 stock labels on a Xerox VersaLink C7030 copier/scanner/printer. This form and printer have functioned well for at least a year without a problem. It has suddenly started printing the 8.5 x 11 labels double sided--requesting 8 of a particular label gets 4 printed on both sides. This also occurs if the label is printed from Designer. I would think the problem is the printer, but printer preferences show single sided printing and the other office applications here are not having the same problem (unexpected double sided printing). If you have any ideas on how we can get back to single sided printing of this label, I'd appreciate hearing them.--Don

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Unwanted Double Side Printing Problem

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Don,

We'd recommend opening a support case https://www.nicelabel.com/support as the team will need screenshots and your files.

DonShar
Enthusiast

Re: Unwanted Double Side Printing Problem

Post by DonShar » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:57 pm

I found a solution.

Open label in Designer
Document Properties, Printer
Change from “Use printer settings saved with label” to “from the printer driver”
OK
Document Properties, Printer--Change from “Use printer settings from printer driver” back to “saved with label”
OK
Printer Properties--Change Xerox Black and White “On” to “Off” (This was off before changing the settings, above.), and Paper back to Landscape
Save

I had to do this for all of labels sent to this printer. But, they are now printing on only one side, the goal. I’m told that the drivers on these printers (Xerox VersaLink C7030 and C405) are on the printers themselves. Maybe there was a driver update that fouled up its actions with the label file, and using the printer driver settings and then back to the using the label printer settings fixed this? A clue is that making a new label, for this printer did not show the 2-sided printing problem.