Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)
Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue May 04, 2021 1:41 pm
Hi everyone i'm a new nicelabel user.
I am working on a solution where I have to make many types of labels printed from one form. The data source for each label is the same. Labels vary in appearance, size, and the amount of data on the label.
This is my user case:
- the user scans the data with the handheld scanner
- the form retrieves data from the database based on a scan
- based on the downloaded data, the form selects the type1 or type2 label type
My question is how to set the automatic selection of the label type depending on the downloaded data, eg for the XXX value retrieved from the database, show the label type YYY.
- NiceLabel Support
- Posts: 720
- Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:07 pm
This could be done via scripting or using a database connection and storing the name of the label template in the database