Driving variable data from combo box selection

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

gparke
Newcomer

Driving variable data from combo box selection

Post by gparke » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 am

I am using NiceForm with data linked to a database. I would like to use a combo box selection to drive other variables in the form. Is there a way to do this? The way the form is set now if I change the combo selection the corresponding field stays the same. I would like it to change to match the corresponding field that matches the combo selection. Thanks.

lpatty
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Post by lpatty » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:34 pm

Are you trying to display result values in a record for other fields by selecting a key value in the Combo box?

Have you tried creating a filter in your database?

Try mapping the combo box variable to a keyboard input variable on the label, then define the contents of the combo box to come from a database fields. This will populate the combo box.

If this doesnt activate your other data base variables on the form to change, make sure the other variables on the form have a database data source and have a mapping to a label variable if you need ot print them on the label.