Bleeds

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

busyrich
Newcomer

Bleeds

Post by busyrich » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:02 pm

Does anyone know how I can spoof the printer and/or software so that I can run a slight bleed off the label? I'm using an LX810 and NiceLabel Express 5.x. TIA.

~rich

lpatty
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Post by lpatty » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:30 pm

You can try removing the margins from the printing defaults of the driver then creating your page to be a tiny bit larger than the actual document.

NiceLabel takes the driver defaults in Express when creating a new document and uses them in the initial design.

busyrich
Newcomer

Bleeds in Nice Label

Post by busyrich » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 am

Thank you for your reply.

I had to call Primera since I needed to get the job out and couldn't wait for a response via the forum.

This job was a nightmare. Nowhere in your documentation, that I could find, is there information about how to bleed. I don't blame you for not including this because the X810 and the material aren't made to bleed images:

1. The label paper has had the backing removed so when the printer lays down the ink outside the label margin, the ink doesn't dry on the backing material, smears and gets all over one's hands.

2. The label rolls aren't cut precisely, so the label isn't centered on the backing. On one roll of paper the margin between the edge of the label and backing was only 1/32", which means that ink was bleeding off the sheet into the machine.

Primera's print quality is generally very good, but the inability to professionally bleed a label is a huge limitation which reduces the usefulness of the machine by about 75%.

I appreciate the information you provided.

~rich