Changing the Logo on a Label

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

jontobey
Newcomer

Changing the Logo on a Label

Post by jontobey » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:58 pm

I inherited a company with NiceLabel 4 and predesigned labels. We've changed our logo.I know nothing of this program and I've been looking for over an hour to see where the background image is located and how to edit it. I don't see this in help or in Google. I'm assuming there is a template somewhere?
Can somebody please point me to a tutorial, or a thread, or give me directions. It seems this should be easy, but I don't really want to futz around and have to become expert on yet another piece of software to move my project forward!
If you click on the image in the attached screenshot in NiceLabel, the eggplant-colored rectangle and the logo appear to be one image. This image shows up on every label. Is this stored somewhere? Is it editable? How is it called for each label?
All I want to do is replace the old logo with the one in the second attachment, keeping the bounding box.

Thank you!
Attachments
label.GIF
Screen shot of existing logo
label.GIF (30 KiB) Viewed 4186 times
logo.jpg.png
New logo
logo.jpg.png (10.51 KiB) Viewed 4186 times

Dennis Ehmig
Addict
Addict

Re: Changing the Logo on a Label

Post by Dennis Ehmig » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:50 am

Hi,

you are able to click on the image and mark it, correct? It's not part of the label background?
If that is the case, once you have it selected press either Enter or F2 and you should see the properties of the graphic object. In there you should be able to see the path to the image and change it if need be.

jontobey
Newcomer

Post by jontobey » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Ahah! Thank You. I was right-clicking to no avail.
So if I change that image then it will show up on every label?
Thank you for your newbie patience.

Dennis Ehmig
Addict
Addict

Post by Dennis Ehmig » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:14 am

No, changing the image on one label will not change it on every other label.
To do that, you could replace the old image (you can find its path in the properties of the graphic element) with the new one, keeping the old name. I don't know if they have the same format, so don't expect too much from doing that.

jontobey
Newcomer

Post by jontobey » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:20 am

No that actually worked just fine.
One last question. How is the path established? Right now I can create a new file and name it the same as the old, but what if I want to send all of my labels to a new file. How do I do that?
(It turns out that different labels used different background images and I'd like to start directing them all to the same one.)

Dennis Ehmig
Addict
Addict

Post by Dennis Ehmig » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:26 am

You can either just enter any valid path in the field there or hit the little button next to it and browse for many common graphic formats.
If all your labels and associated graphics are in a shared folder, using relative paths is a good way to prevent trouble if you have to move the files around. More info about this topic can be found here.