NiceLabel with TIJ for Box printing

Issues related to using NiceDrivers thermal printer drivers

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

mndamle
Enthusiast

NiceLabel with TIJ for Box printing

Post by mndamle » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:09 am

Hi,

A customer using NiceLabel LMS for several years is looking to use TIJ technology for direct printing on boxes /cartons. Customer came across a couple of printers without 'windows drivers' that would mean much of integration & duplication of work.

Which particular models are being used elsewhere successfully? Labels have QR code and graphic elements along with regular text. Suggestions are welcome.

Mandar
M'ndar Damle
mndamle@gmail.com

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: NiceLabel with TIJ for Box printing

Post by Mytch » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:06 pm

Mandar,

Here are a couple of Thermal Inkjet printer vendors we have developed Windows drivers for:
Videojet
Domino
Linx
Markem-Imaje
REA JET

Which all can be downloaded here:
https://www.nicelabel.com/downloads/printer-drivers

There are probably some more out there, but these are very common for printing on boxes/bags and for daters/coders.

mndamle
Enthusiast

Post by mndamle » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:07 pm

Many thanks Mytch.

Any particular models from these makes are known to work well in automated continuous packaging lines for boxes?

Customer got recommendation from Domino, but the model they suggested (GX350) does not work with Widnows driver. It takes input directly on TCP port and label designs are to be stored on the printer memory itself. It uses its own Dynamark protocol for communication.

regards,
Mandar
M'ndar Damle
mndamle@gmail.com

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Mytch » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi, Mandar,

Sorry.. I do not have any exact model recommendations really for that specific job - maybe someone else will that is more involved with hardware.

What I do know is we have Domino Gx350i listed on our website as supported model we have a driver for:
https://www.nicelabel.com/downloads/nicedrivers/domino

Even if the printer vendor does not make a native printer driver, you can still check our driver site and see what models we developed for:
https://www.nicelabel.com/downloads/printer-drivers

Hope this helps.

Mytch

mndamle
Enthusiast

Post by mndamle » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:39 pm

Yes indeed ! For some reason, Domino did not mention the same, they kept telling the customer that they do not have windows driver and that they use their own printing language. Let me ask them to test! Thanks a lot Mytch. I wonder why I did not see this earlier!!

Just found that there is some bug at NiceLabel website - if I selected the Domino and click 'Find & search' it did not show GX driver. It only had all A series drivers.. but if I click on combo-box, it has G series there..

Mandar
M'ndar Damle
mndamle@gmail.com

Mytch
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Mytch » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:05 am

Mandar,

I noticed this earlier too. The problem was that we were actually updating the website live as you were checking it.. Might want to re-visit now and make sure you have the 8.8.0 driver now instead of 8.6.3. Apparently these drivers were just released and not previously supported. So great timing for the customer if they decide on this printer ;)

Mytch

alarawany
Newcomer

Post by alarawany » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:03 am

Markem-Imaje is very good to use
http://www.soran.edu.iq