Issues related to using NiceDrivers thermal printer drivers

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

nova24
Valued Contributor

Markem SmartDate 2/3 not working

Post by nova24 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 pm

I have the following:

SmartDate 2/3 printer(s)
Lantronix MSS100 (old style that we currently use and works from Markems' Cim Control.
Lantronix UDS 1100 (replacement for the discontinued MSS100's)

I did some testing before I purchased the software with a SmartDate 2 and was able to print to the printer. Now, no matter what I do, I can't get the printing to work. I have communication with the printer through any of the Lantronix devices listed above and can send and receive data to the printer from CimControl.

When I print to the printer from NiceLabel directly or through an auto generated NiceForm, the print job shows up in the printer que and eventually errors out. Sometimes it will error out and then delete the print job as if it was successful. Regardless of what the print spooler shows, the SmartDate printer does nothing. I don't even see the label in the printer if I manually look through the labels stored on the printer. :(

I've been working on this for the last two days and I'm at a bit of a loss what to do next. :?

Driver version is: 5.1.0.1 (Build 4360)

Thanks,
-Dennis
Attachments
test.prn.txt
Print output using SmartDate 3 driver:
(36.34 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
test.txt
Test file printed:
(142 Bytes) Downloaded 307 times
Thanks,
-Dennis

Tekumze
NiceDriver Development
NiceDriver Development

Re: Markem SmartDate 2/3 not working

Post by Tekumze » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:11 am

I would assume that both devices don't really work differently enough for the port monitor to notice it.

In any case there are a few things that may block any sort of communication with Markem printer
  • Make sure that Bi-directional communication is turned on.
  • Driver is connected to the printer via Advanced TCP/IP port (not standard TCP/IP port)
  • Cimcomms software isn't running as it can "lock" the port down thus blocking our Advanced TCP/IP port from connecting to the IP
If the problems persist please send me a private message about it and I'll provide you with the information on how to log the data coming/going through the port.
Bostjan Zvanut
Driver Development

nova24
Valued Contributor

Post by nova24 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm

:D =D>
Thanks!
I was not familiar with the Advanced TCP/IP port, looks like it's installed with the NiceLabel software.

Anyway, the Advanced TCP/IP port was the issue.

Thanks again!

-Dennis
Thanks,
-Dennis

ThijsS
Newcomer

Post by ThijsS » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:02 am

I have the same problem.
I've been reading a lot of articles here and have tried that.
And I've been trying to fix it with our it-person en the company which sold us the software.
We're using the advanced port and on 20000.
I've added some screen shots. Maybe someone can spot the problem. They are in Dutch.

Thanks in advance!!
Attachments
Printerinstellingen.JPG
Printerinstellingen.JPG (55.85 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
Poort.JPG
Poort.JPG (38.93 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
Geavanceerd.JPG
Geavanceerd.JPG (41.35 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
Advanced.JPG
Advanced.JPG (45.91 KiB) Viewed 1663 times