Driver problem Valentin Spectra 108

Issues related to using NiceDrivers thermal printer drivers

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

FunDeckHermit
Enthusiast

Driver problem Valentin Spectra 108

Post by FunDeckHermit » Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 am

Hello everyone,

I have encountered a driver problem during an installation at a costumer. I would like some advice/help/updates on this.

Situation:
Costumer has a Valentin Spectra 108 printer running an old application.
He wants to run a new NiceLabel powerforms application next to it.
His old application uses the bartender driver to print.
His new application used the NiceLabel driver to print.
The drivers are both installed on the same computer connected to the same printer on the same IP.
Windows 10 sees it as two different printers that can be selected.

Problem:
When printing with Nicelabel and the New Application it needs some margin at the top. I don't know what the setting is called in English.
When defining this top-margin with the Nicelabel Application and the new application the new application works like a charm.

The problem arises when I subsequently (after printing with the new application) print with the old application and the bartender driver.
It now has a top-margin.
The setting defined in the Nicelabel Driver somehow wrote a setting to the printer. I explicitly turned this off to prevent this from happening.

Fix:
The only way to fix it is change the setting back to default and send a print-command with the NiceLabel Application.
This is a bit convoluted and takes a while.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Driver problem Valentin Spectra 108

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue May 15, 2018 2:25 pm

FundeckHermit

We recommend opening up a support case with our technical team at support.americas@nicelabel.com. They will need your files in order to test the solution correctly and escalate to our internal driver team if needed.