Cannot find printer_name\manufacturer_ui50.dll

Issues related to using NiceDrivers thermal printer drivers

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

malehakim
Newcomer

Cannot find printer_name\manufacturer_ui50.dll

Post by malehakim » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi, am using the drivers that extract defaultly in the location C:\NiceLabel Printer Drivers. But everytime i call onto a driver from my C# code, i get an error like "Could not find file C:\NiceLabel Printer Drivers\zebra\zebraui50.dll" The same for all other printer drivers that i have installed in the same folder. I looked physically if the sought efter DLL files are indeed in the file system and they werent.

How can i go about this? I downloaded the latest drivers from NiceLabel drivers forum. It seems like some DLL's are missing in the folders. Or is it me that is screwing up somewhere?

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Cannot find printer_name\manufacturer_ui50.dll

Post by Kyleodonnell » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:31 pm

Malehakim,

What is the use case of calling to that driver's dll? are you trying to install it from a C# application?

malehakim
Newcomer

Post by malehakim » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:36 am

Yes. Am having a separate service that runs parallel to the main application. When a user selects a printer, we check if the driver is installed and if not, we fetch the drivers and install them. It worked well before not until i started to upgrade to the latest drivers that NiceLabel is providing that it started reporting some DLL files actually missing.

When i check the respective folders if the DLL files reported missing are on the file system, they are actually not.

malehakim
Newcomer

Post by malehakim » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:03 am

Or more so if i might ask, what do we have to do to have a silent driver install on demand? because not all drivers for a given manufacturer are always wanted. Before we were reading from the pool of drivers, pick the supporting DLL files and install them. Now its different with the new drivers

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Malehakim,

I would refer to the Nicelabel Printer driver installation guide here https://www.nicelabel.com/resources/fil ... ide-en.pdf If you are still having issues, we recommend reaching out to support here https://www.nicelabel.com/support/technical-support