Markem SmartDate 5

Issues related to using NiceDrivers thermal printer drivers

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

jerdusk981
Newcomer

Markem SmartDate 5

Post by jerdusk981 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:31 am

Hello I am using Nice Label with a Markem SmartDate 5. The label gets to the SmartDate 5 printer but I have to choose it in the printer jobs on the printer. How would I send a download and select to the printer? I enabled it in the printer driver, but the printer is still not selecting the Job automatically.

Tekumze
NiceDriver Development
NiceDriver Development

Re: Markem SmartDate 5

Post by Tekumze » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:39 am

This is a hard one to answer without more data so I'll have to ask for more details first before I can provide a full answer.

Since Markem 5 uses bidirectional communication a few things have to be setup in order for it to work.
- if using tcp/ip make sure the advanced tcp/ip port monitor(provided with the driver package) is used (not the standard MS supplied one)
- bidirectional printing has to be turned on (ports tab in printer properties)

If the above settings are correct then there must be something wrong with the communication between driver and printer.
In that case I would need a tcp/ip log to see what exactly happens.
Wireshark can be used to gather that data or if needed I can provide you with a description on how to turn on our internal logging on the tcp/ip port monitor.
Bostjan Zvanut
Driver Development

jerdusk981
Newcomer

Re: Markem SmartDate 5

Post by jerdusk981 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Support responded to my email and their suggestion worked. Within the label setup in NiceLabel under the printer tab there is an option to "Use custom printer settings saved in the label" or "Use default printer settings from the printer driver". I had "Use custom printer settings saved in the label selected" yet marked the "select job after download" checkbox in the NiceLabel driver driver. After choosing the radio button in the label setup for "Use default printer settings from the printer driver" it works. Thanks for your response and great email support.