Installing Zebra UPS LP2844.... Problems!

Issues related to using NiceDrivers thermal printer drivers

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

ammonation
Newcomer

Installing Zebra UPS LP2844.... Problems!

Post by ammonation » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I have scoured the internet and installed a million different drivers from UPS to Seagull to straight from the zebra site.

OS is windows 7 64bit, printer is connected via USB.

Bought a used Zebra UPS LP2844... On the bottom side it is labelled as Eltron UPS LP2844.

I am usually able to install the driver, selected USB 001 as the port. When it comes to going to print nothing happens. In control panel, you don't even see the job come up. Nothing at all.

One specific driver would allow me install the printer said error 1776.

So I am completely stumped where to go from here, have no been able to print one page yet.

Keep in mind, I am usually printing PDF labels from firefox or from a saved PDF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Matt
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Re: Installing Zebra UPS LP2844.... Problems!

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Hello,
There exists a NiceDriver for the LP2844 model that is available to download here:
http://www.nicelabel.com/downloads/nicedrivers/zebra
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (8.66 KiB) Viewed 12223 times
As you're connecting to that printer via USB, there may be more than 1 USB port on your Windows system.

As USB ports are dynamically assigned and managing by Windows, you may need to try the different USB ports listed on your PC to determine which one is used for that printer.

You can see a list of ports from the "Ports" tab of the printer properties screen
(Example)
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (24.83 KiB) Viewed 12223 times
There may be several ports in the list that have "USB" in the name.
NiceLabel

WorldO
Newcomer

Post by WorldO » Tue May 17, 2016 1:04 pm

When it comes to going to print nothing happens. In control panel, you don't even see the job come up. Nothing at all.???

jure
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Post by jure » Fri May 20, 2016 10:16 pm

This looks like the connection problem between the printer and your driver. I suggest you checking the port settings in the driver. Try also to print a test page to see if anything comes out of the printer. If you need more help with connecting your printer to the computer, perhaps you should contact your Zebra vendor to get some instructions or manual.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1