Zebra ZM400 drivers + Nicelabel Automation Pro

Issues related to using NiceDrivers thermal printer drivers

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

Macharius
Newcomer

Zebra ZM400 drivers + Nicelabel Automation Pro

Post by Macharius » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi,

I've just set up an installation of Nicelabel Automation Pro for one of my customer with a Zebra ZM400 300dpi plugged using NiceDrivers on a Windows 2008R2 Server.

My problem is that when i print a label, it prints very light and is not readable.

The same printer used from an old Windows XP computer with a ZDesigner driver sending raw ZPL to it, prints the same data correctly. The two drivers are configured the same regarding the temperature,...

Have you any idea of the cause of this issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Macharius

milos
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: Zebra ZM400 drivers + Nicelabel Automation Pro

Post by milos » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:50 am

Hi,

Darkness and Speed parameters define label print darkness/lightness.
In the NiceLabel Designer ,Printer tab, you can choose the printer you want to use for label printing and define printing-related features like Darkness and Speed:
1. Always use default printer: If this option is selected, then printer settings will not be saved into the label file, but instead the default windows printer with its settings will be used, when opening the label
2. Use custom printer settings saved in the label: Use this option, when you want to be able to modify printer driver settings specifically for this label
3. Use default printer settings from the printer driver: Use this option, when you do not want to use custom printer settings for this label.

I would suggest you to verify Label setup, Printer tab settings and update it to get correct darkness on label print.
Milos Jenko
NiceLabel Technical Support