How can I print multiple rows of labels? (Not copies)

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

ckikenda
Newcomer

How can I print multiple rows of labels? (Not copies)

Post by ckikenda » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:13 pm

I am using LabView to print some labels, but they are not printing the way I would like them to. My label stock has a grid of labels that are 1" wide, .5" tall, and 3 across. What I am trying to do is print a total of 6 variables. This would give me a total of 6 labels (a 3x2 grid). I can print the labels across the grid just fine, but the labels wont print when I go down to the next set of labels. If I disable edge tracking then the labels will print just fine, but the printed text will start drifting.

This is what I am wanting to print:

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Matt
NiceLabel
NiceLabel

Re: How can I print multiple rows of labels? (Not copies)

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Hello,
Printing to sheeting containing multiple labels is quite common in NiceLabel. It looks like you have already specified the proper rows and columns within your label design:
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (50.15 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
You'll notice that NiceLabel colors the first label area white and the other areas gray. The idea here is that you place your design elements on just that first (white) design area, and then at print time, NiceLabel automatically copies those design objects over to the other label areas on the sheet based upon the quantity requested:
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (29.94 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
(in the above example, we placed a "Text" object only on the white portion of the label design and selected a quantity of 4 at print time...NiceLabel automatically populates the additional labels on the sheet).

To have each label of the sheet printed with different/unique data, you could connect a database (ie: MS Access, Excel) to your label design where each record in that database contains unique data to be printing on each label.

-----
If the text of your printouts is "drifting" on successively printed labels, you may need to re-calibrate your printer for the media that is in it. Consult your printer manual for calibration processes. Hint: when calibration is successful, you should be able to advance the label media in your printer by exactly 1 label each time you press the Feed button on the printer.
NiceLabel

ckikenda
Newcomer

Post by ckikenda » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 am

Thanks. I will give that a try.

The reason the labels were drifting was because we experimented with disabling the IR sensor that detects the label edges.

Retaxx
Newcomer

Post by Retaxx » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:08 am

Hello,

I'm a beginner in programming labview. Can you help me further. Have the same task as described above. Unfortunately I do not come to the vi. Can you send me your finished vi, which fills the variables in Nicelabel?

It would be really great

kind regards
retaxx