TCP/IP Trigger - Remote Message Selection - Execute SQL Statement

Label printing integration (NiceWatch middleware and ActiveX programming interface)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

amccall
Newcomer

TCP/IP Trigger - Remote Message Selection - Execute SQL Statement

Post by amccall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 pm

I am looking to use a TCP/IP Trigger to perform remote message/job selection. The TCP/IP input receives the raw data which is purely my SKU(product ID) in this case. That data is filtered and stored into a variable. I'm calling up a single label format and all my label data resides in a SQL DB. I'm currently failing to recall my data in SQL in the pertinent row or rather failing to see how this is accomplished. :-k ](*,)

I found "Execute SQL Statement" in the help file which perfectly addressing this action; however where exactly this is initiated/implemented is not clear and there is no note regarding this is only an LMS Pro/Enterprise feature.... or is it? I'm using Powerforms Suite 2017.

Thanks in advance.

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Re: TCP/IP Trigger - Remote Message Selection - Execute SQL Statement

Post by Kyleodonnell » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:30 pm

AMcall,

You would need LMS Pro or Higher, as it is an action that would be used.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (50.38 KiB) Viewed 303 times

If you need to upgrade you can contact, Sales.americas@nicelabel.com

amccall
Newcomer

Post by amccall » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Kyleodonnell,
Thank you... I'll first respond with ](*,) and ask if there is by chance a work around?

In the meantime I'll work to get upgraded.

Regards

Kyleodonnell
NiceLabel Support
NiceLabel Support

Post by Kyleodonnell » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:35 pm

AMCCALL

You can try to execute a script that will call the SQL statement or you can connect the label to your database and have a filter on it that once the variable is passed down, will qualify the filter and then find the record in the database. This automation example shows how it can be done
C:\Users\Public\Documents\NiceLabel 2019\Automation\Samples\Scan & Print from Excel. The sample uses excel, however, the same logic can be used for SQL