Disable Filter

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

clowe
Enthusiast

Disable Filter

Post by clowe » Thu May 31, 2018 5:11 pm

I managed to import a .txt file as a database connection, then use that as the filter for a linked SQL table but when I try to delete it I get a message that says it's still in use. I know the .txt file is still in use but the filter tab is no longer visible so how do I remove it?

Attached are screenshots but I can add the .nlbl file if necessary.

Regards,
Chris
Attachments
txtfilter.zip
(114.62 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: Disable Filter

Post by dado » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:26 am

From the photos you provided it seems to me that this is a bug in the software. We'll need to get a replication procedure on how you managed to get only 4 tabs in the "Table configuration" page. This could be the key here to why the Filter tab is not visible and therefore that you cannot remove the .txt database connection.

It would be helpful iIf you can provide a replication steps that will allow us to reproduce this here in the offices.

Regards, Damjan

clowe
Enthusiast

Post by clowe » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:05 pm

The filter tab disappears if I click Edit SQL in a database connection. The table is converted to a query and the filter tab is no longer displayed. I presume this is by design but once it is done is there no way to access the filter again?

-Chris

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Post by dado » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:43 am

I've reproduced it here and I can confirm that this is a bug. If you need a fix for this soon then you'll need to contact our support.
This can be done by using this form https://www.nicelabel.com/support/technical-support, where you should provide us all the details, so that our support guys inspect your problem and provide information to the development team.
Otherwise I'll make sure the bug is written down in our system and that it gets fixed in the near future.

Regards, Damjan