Moving objects

Issues related to label design (working with databases, data processing, RFID encoding etc.) and printing (from NiceLabel Express, NiceLabel Pro, NiceForm and NicePrint)

Moderators: Georges, milos, NiceLabel Support Team

swhaworth
Enthusiast

Moving objects

Post by swhaworth » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:21 am

Hi,

I am using latest NiceLabel 17.3.1 and I am wondering if there is any way to move selected objects by a certain amount in a certain direction? Say I have a title area with 3 text objects across and 2 down and I want to move all of them down 2.5mm? They may have different font sizes so cannot easily be aligned against each other. Now I can think of a few ways to do this (usually adding position coordinates in my head), but nothing in one step, say a nudge or offset command? I know that I can do this with the mouse, but it is not precise and risks movement in an undesired direction, and is a lot harder when using a touch screen.

Also is there any way to align text by the text baseline? You have snap guidelines for top/bottom/left/right alignment, but it would be good to align text by the base line if they are different font sizes and I want them to look like they are written along the same line. Visual Studio dialog editor does this well.

Steve

dado
NiceLabel Development
NiceLabel Development

Re: Moving objects

Post by dado » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi

You could select objects and group them. Or you could hold CTRL and press key down while the objects are selected.

Currently there is no way to align text by its base line. I have added it to a "wishlist" for future development.

Regards, Damjan